Man is not above nature, but in it.
150km of breathtaking
Ilha do Fogo, translated as Fire Island, is a beautiful and remote island that lies off the Northern coast of Mozambique. It boasts 150kms of breathtaking, unexplored reef, with abundant and diverse marine life. If you’re reading this, you’ve been fortunate to get the inside scoop on a once-in-a-lifetime, bucket-list adventure. We are offering a unique opportunity to discover unknown reefs, and help conserve this remote island. We need to learn more about Ilha do Fogo’s incredible flora and fauna, with the goal of setting up projects to protect its imperiled inhabitants.
So far, we know that our island is an essential nesting spot for turtles, including endangered green and hawksbill turtles. We sadly discovered that visiting turtles have been at the hands of poachers for many years. Since this discovery, we have initiated our turtle monitoring program, but need help to fully establish it. The project aims to empower members of the local community, with the knowledge and skills, to protect our marine life. Megafauna enthusiasts can expect to see whales from as early as May, through to December, when the southern right and humpback whales migrate to our warmer waters.
We are offering a unique opportunity to discover unknown reefs, and help conserve this remote island.
Northern Mozambique is thought to be a migratory corridor for endangered whale sharks and apex predators, including bull and hammerhead sharks. Manta rays, devil rays, and stingrays are also likely visitors to our reefs. With long stretches of exquisite coral-rich reefs and mysterious drop-offs, just meters off the island’s coastline, even the most seasoned divers will be wonderstruck.
Join us for the adventure of a lifetime
We’re looking for experienced divers (Adv+), to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. Proceeds from the trips will help fund our conservation projects.
All road transport & land arrangements
All meals and house beverages included
All dives included. Night dives will be charged extra, depending on the location.
R86,904.92 per person sharing
OR Tambo to Nampula airfare excluded.
- Boat and road transfers included from Maputo.
- Loggerhead / Leatherback: R5 250 per person per night full board, minimum 3-night stay
- Monarch: R6 000 per person per night, minimum 3-night stay
- Kilima: R18 000 per person per night, minimum 3-night stay
- Excludes flight and road transfers from Nampula or Maputo
- Vida Nova Kruger: R5 250 per person sharing, per night, full board, minimum 3-night stay
- Includes one-day game drive
- Arrive at Maputo or Johannesburg
- Maputo Airport: Transfer to Southern Sun Hotel
- OR Tambo Airport: Transfer to Africa Sky Boutique Hotel (transfer and hotel included in price)
- Fly to Nampula
- Fire Island private plane to Ilha do Fogo
- Check-in and dinner
- Dive brief
- Diving: house and nearshore reefs
- Diving: northern island & mangroves
- Leisure day
- Private flight to Nampula and get a commercial flight back to Maputo
- Transfer to Southern Sun Hotel, Maputo
- Dinner at Sagres Restaurant, Maputo
- OR Fly Nampula to O.R. Tambo (airfare not included in package price)
- Transfer to Africa Sky Boutique Hotel, Johannesburg